
Ahh, Lake Powell. There is nothing quite like it - warm water, good food, boating and most importantly...no priorities. This year was quite unusual. We only had 6 adults and 2 kids on the boat. I remember the days when we would have 20 adults staying on the boat. But it was some good family bonding time.

The view from the back of the houseboat (above and below). We staying in a great location that had multiple rock ledges that were about 2 feet under the water.

Alex tried and tried to pull himself on the air mattress behind the boat. Everytime we started going faster, the boat would just pull him right off the front of the mattress. Didn't work all that well but a good idea none the less. Snow loved the tube as usual. We even got Lyla to ride on the tube behind the boat with Alex, Shawn and Snow.


The water was about 85 degrees so I didn't mind spending most of the time in it. Neither did Snow. I think she spent more time under the water than above it. Every second she had, she was swimming. She and Shawn and Alex would get heavy rocks and go out to the rock edge. They would dive in with the rocks head first and sink as low as they could, then quickly surface. Needless to say, Amy and I didn't participate in this. But Snow was amazing. She is a strong swimmer!


Dad would throw the rope from the back of the boat and have Snow chase after it. Then she would hold on under water while he pulled as fast as he could and brought her back to the boat.


Some really cool pictures below with our new camera. It is soooo sweet! I can stop time with the fast shutter speed!

Alex above and Shawn below (Shawn took a pretty good belly-flop after this one :)

"Tuch Down" Dad!

Me diving in - check out the great form!

Fish faces - they really are two peas in a pod. They spent hours with their goggles swimming around in the weeds following fish. I can't even think about it without getting the heebie-jeebies. Sick.

Fearless Snow. She just decided that jumping off the houseboat would be fun and once she started, she did it about 10 times in a row each day. The first pic is the first time she went then below that is a cool series of shots when I made her smile for the camera. If you click on them and enlarge them, you can see her face better...



This one looks like she is standing on the beach and is a giant!

Then after Snow jumped off, we thought it would be fun to take pics of everyone jumping off at the same time. I took about 50 but only included the best ones. They are so hilarious - and much better in large size.

Check out Amy's do-rag...


Alex being artsy and changing the focus

Oh, cute

For rude - Shawn pushed her in

Cute Lyla pics







We missed all of our friends and family but still had a good time. (Now I think we might even buy a ski boat - Alex is on a new kick :0)
3 comments:
How awesome are those pics!!! Looks like you guys had a great time. Congrats on your new boat too!
Thanks Jen! Your blog is darling as always!!!
Looks like a ton of fun. Shouldn't you be studying for boards?
Post a Comment