Barker trip to Flaming Gorge

Alex's Grandparents own a cabin 5 minutes from Flaming Gorge with a giant boat to take out onto the lake. The weather was great, cloudy mostly but warm. Check out captain Alex scoping the land for a campsite...nice hairdo

Nick and Danielle getting ready for the wave-runner.

Cute Cynthia and Evan

For the most part, we cruised around on the boat, drove through canyons, and tubed.
(cool picture of Paula and Evan)

Pre-tubing faces. Three of us squished onto a one-person tube. See below for the aftermath...

:0)
I am pretty sure Alex was having a good laugh while driving. I thought we were going to die!

And of course I lost my bathing suit. In retaliation, I mooned the boat!

Nick and Max. Click on the picture to enlarge it and check out their faces...priceless!

Gerard joined in for the fun on the second day.

Nick looking a little nervous

Alex likes to show off, especially when I am driving because I don't drive the boat very hard - don't want to crash it! So here are some pics of him showing off and looking bored...

still bored...

sexy pose

still bored...

So I thought I would turn it up a little and teach him a thing or two. He didn't last much longer!

Ha - crashed sucker!

Evan didn't love the water, it was a little chilly. But she did relatively well for a 16 month old.


Gerard, Cyn and Nick all climbed up a rock to jump off. While Cyn was waiting, Gerard and Nick jumped over her head. The next day, Gerard and Nick jumped off a 50-60 foot cliff. Fortunately they survived. Unfortunately, we didn't get any pictures.

Cyn just about to feel the pain...

Alex acting like the farmer he REALLY isn't. But he looked cute doing it anyway.

Some cute baby pics...

Alex likes to pretend that Evan is his kid. He always jokes "Just look at me, I mean don't I look like a dad?"


Cute puppy living in the yard next to us.

And Cynthia feeding the baby to the puppy.

Behind the house there is this huge empty garage. So Alex and Cyn and Nick set up a "tennis" court and we held a tournament. The net was made of a wheel-barrow and some motorized thing. First time I have held a raquet in a long time. Check out the action shots...






So I beat Alex and Cyn beat Nick, so the two girls played in the finals. It was pretty intense :)

I won a point to give me the lead and match-point, but...

Cyn won instead. She was EXCITED!

The brothers and their champagne.

I had a great time with the "in laws"
No comments:
Post a Comment