Monday, July 21, 2008

Tennis Years 2002-2006

My former life...tennis. I played tennis starting at age 6 and traveled and played in tournaments all over the Western US. It definitely contributed to who I am today. The most fun I had was when I competed for Utah State. Having a team to cheer for you makes all the difference. Here is a glimpse into those fantastic four years in Logan, Utah...2006
My senior team at our last day of practice. The second half of my last year, the club we played at built a brand new facility. For the three years prior, we played in an old bubble that had no heating! I guess it was a "home team advantage!"
Chris Wright, my coach for all 4 years. He was such a character, always making us laugh. I really appreciate all he taught me.
Sophomore team 2003-2004
We were fortunate to travel to many places with the team. We went to Santa Barbara, San Luis Obispo, Portland, and Hawaii to name a few!
Palm Springs 2004 Western Conference Championship. This was my potential last year of tennis because I got married and we were planning to move back to SLC partly for financial reasons (I was on academic scholarship which is far from what an athletic scholarship provides). After my last match that weekend, Chris offered me a full scholarship for the next 2 years. It was one of the happiest days of my life.

Junior team - 2004-2005

Senior team 2005-2006

No comments: