Alex proposed to me on December 13, 2003. He had his sister and mom create this scavenger hunt throughout his house that was the "Twelve Reasons I Love You". Each reason was a clue to the next reason, ie "I love the way you make my engine rev" led me to the car. I thought it was just a cute Christmas idea that he had. I had NO IDEA we were getting engaged. The last clue took me to the Christmas Tree that we had decorated and there was a small box in it (still I had no idea, thought it was a pair of earrings). When I unwrapped it and saw that it was a small leather red ring box I started to cry and he got down on one knee and proposed. It was perfect.We had talked about getting married and knew we would eventually but I thought we still had to talk to the family, my dad in particular. Little did I know that they all knew I was getting engaged. He met my dad one day in his office and I guess was so nervous he could hardly talk. Amy and Cynthia had to force him into my dad's office. I guess my dad had an idea what was coming and so to make it worse, he left Alex in his office for another 10 minutes while he "did some work". My dad had a good laugh about it.
He picked out the ring with my sister Amy. It is a round brilliant diamond on a Tiffany-like band and I LOVE IT.
No comments:
Post a Comment