So we officially made it past the date that I thought I would deliver. I thought for sure I was going on the 17th - one week early but NO. Here I sit at 39 weeks and nothing has happened - I shouldn't be surprised since I work in healthcare and know that first time moms rarely go early. But I thought for all the hard hours of standing at work that maybe it would get me going. Plus it would have been really convenient since my supervising doc is at the Olympics for this entire month and I have seen all the patients I needed to. I guess I will just enjoy this time off - and what do I do with my time? Get really crafty...
My cousin Marcie taught me how to make these really cute bows - she makes the cutest onesies and then matches the bows to them. So I tried to find some fabric to match some of the baby's outfits. Pretty freakin cute!
I used to sew things in Jr. High and Highschool on my mom's old machine. For Christmas I asked for a sewing machine of my own so that I could get back into it. The machines are WAY more fancy now. I have an automatic bobbin loader and automatic needle threader - love it! And it is all computerized too - but cheap from Costco :) I sat down today and read the instructions then decided to just go for it. I made 6 burp cloths that match the bows. Not too bad I have to say - but how hard is sewing straight lines :)
I was checked again and maybe effaced a little but not much on the dilation. Alex has been really cute - he is sooooo anxious. I think he asks me AT LEAST 10 times a day if I am in labor :) He makes me laugh. If I am anywhere near him, I think he will know right away if I am going into labor - and if not, he will be the first one I call. Still, I enjoy his repetitive phone calls - "Hello" "Are you in labor" "No" "Oh all right then" click. He has put the car seat in the car, packed the diaper bag (with a rattle I might add - yes, so my newborn can grasp a rattle and shake it - hee hee), the room is entirely ready to go. We hung our last shelves and hooks, washed the sheets, towels, burp cloths, wash cloths etc. We go on daily walks with the dog - which do give me contractions but also leg aches.
One thing is for sure - she has to come eventually!!!
4 comments:
OK Mommy-
When are we going to get together. You can teach me how to do those cute cute bows. I am in love with them. Funny how pregnancy brings out the craft in you.huh? I miss you!!!!!!!!
Love ya,
Susie
Looks like you and I are on the same page when your board you get crafty. Cute stuff and I can't believe you are still as small as you are. Good luck again!
You are SO stinking cute!!! Cant wait to see this cute girl!! I am sure Alex will be an amazing father!! Congrats!
she's here! she's here! and I saw the pictures Amy sent. She's beautiful! Congratulations!!!1
Post a Comment