Wednesday, February 25, 2009

First trip to the water

So we are hoping that Suka is a water dog since we plan to boat a ton this summer. We live across the street from a dog park that has a pond and river so we try to take him each day. But I hadn't taken him to the pond until today. He looked at the water for a while because it was a little windy and so there were waves. Then, slowly, he got into it more and more. Only problem that mom didn't think about - the mud. It was EVERYWHERE! So after playing in the pond, we went back to the river and got a quick bath. He does so great. I keep him on leash while we are close to the road but then we work on "off leash" time and he will only go ahead about 15 feet before waiting for me. Probably helps matters that I have chicken chunks in my pocket - but I like to think it is because he is soooo smart!



No comments: